Tuesday 8 June 2010

Ofili

I went to the Tate Britain one Sunday afternoon with rain.

Hesitating.
Thinking that maybe this is another representation of whoknowswhat
from some superwhoknowswho
which many whoever
-some vegetarian
some into organic
some into French cuisine
or Californian deep bloody red wine-
would observe…
up and down
left to right
corner to corner
drawing a diagonal with their eyes hidden behind their specs
showing admiration in their faces
like they understand,
understood.

Some counting the seconds
they will stand still glazing at one piece
-while I have just stepped in too close,
apologies, didn’t notice the bar on the floor-

Staring never too fast…
Never for too long…
Or the others may think
you don’t feel the meaning
you just don’t get it.

Yes that was that day I went to see Ofili at the Tate.
My usual frame of mind
However… slightly different.
It tickled me.
It tickled me to try diving into Ofili’s State of Mind
It tickled me to,
to find out

Investigate
Think really hard

What do whoevers know about Raekwon.

Lirica Soul June 2010

1 comment:

Your turn to write...